Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Musik Monday - Endless Summer

This isn't my favorite song I've posted for Musik Monday, but it seemed appropriate given that it's Euro Cup time.  According to this article, the German-American singer Oceana was chosen to  sing the official UEFA EURO 2012 song.  The song that became the official song is below:





I have absolutely nothing against the singer - she's popular in several countries for a reason.  I just am not a huge fan of songs that sound like this one.  Regardless of that, it'll be stuck in my head for days.  I'm sure it will be an "Ohrwurm" for all of you too.

All of that being said, I'm so excited for this Euro cup season.  It's only every 2 years that there are big soccer tournaments (Euro Cup and World Cup) and I'm always cheering for Germany.  In World Cup years I cheer for USA a little too, but the only guilt-cheering for America I need to do in Euro cup years is during the Olympics.  Seriously though, Germany and USA are both my teams.  And with one win already under their belts, here's to hoping Germany wins it all!

Go Deutschland!!


On top of being great soccer players, they're also an attractive group of guys


P.S. - I know this is a Musik Monday entry, but I'm posting it on Tuesday.  Just know that it was really meant for yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment