Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

Snow-crastination

I really should be studying hard for finals right now (and I am!), but after a few hours it gets overwhelming. Sometime last week I decided to take a break from trying to absorb impossible Federal Income Tax material and made some paper snowflakes! I was inspired by a friend's facebook post about star wars snowflakes. I ended up with 4 that are now in my window.

The Star Wars (Darth Vader) one*:
Vader's head looks a little fat...


The Yankees one**:




Now all my neighbors will think I'm a NYY fan *cringe*


The giraffe one***:
I don't even care if they don't totally scream giraffe - so adorable!


The freehand one:

Satisfactory

I was pretty excited about them. The Darth Vader and Yankees ones were definitely for my boyfriend's amusement. I've never seen Star Wars (he want to change that...along with almost every other guy I know) and I'm a Mets fan. The giraffe one is all for me. I love giraffes. I wanted to be one when I was 3. The freehand was just to see what I'd come up with.  The "boyfriend flakes" required the use of a knife to get the details while I could manage the others with just scissors.  I ended up looking at the patterns and semi-freehand tracing them on my own paper instead of printing out the patterns since my printer is on the fritz.  Below are the sources for the patterns for the first 3.

Time to get back to the grind! 2 finals tomorrow and my anxiety is starting to get the better of me. I honestly love the classes and the material (for everything I'm taking this semester), but law school finals are the most stressful things in the world!


Here they are in my window:

And soon Spartacus will tear them down


No comments:

Post a Comment